- Blog post result of mother’s day effect
The boy din’t have to think too hard, given his expertise in choice of gifts (as duly sworn by friends) . Saree is the answer! Bang came the mother of all confusions, what material of the zillions available, what colors from the infinite that exist. The boy has had related domain expertise in choosing saree from young age for mom and helping her to come out of the grand confusion of most women in choosing between the final two selected pieces. Other experiences include shopping with friends who are girls, to help them come out of the same confusion to choose between “THE TWO”. Except that the choice of the loyal friends would be choosing the one, not chosen by the boy. The boy was however happy that he influenced the decision making 😀
The easier thing to do is take mom for shopping, but that would spoil the surprise, which is more important part of the gift. So the boy decided to dig his memory to identify an appropriate, more recent conversation of mom related to the domain and picked up a saree from the heap of available saree stack in the closet (of course, secretively). The boy felt peace, solving half of the NP complete problem. Choice of the “kind” of saree is done. The other half is the harder part of the problem. Color color, what color do you choose.
After running to one of the best malls in town along with the “sample saree”, the boy went to the appropriate section. He had come up with a algorithm to choose the color of the saree that is a function of potential liking and suitability to mom, non-availability of similar color, not different enough shade from the one’s that already exist etc … Eventually not withstanding the confusions created by the algorithm, the boy choose the saree with his gut.
Surprise surprise to the mom. Lucky it was a huge hit. Most neighbor and family knew about the gift and boy instantaneously became combination of “chamathu and Nalla paiyan”. The boy was thinking, if i knew of such possible result … “why din’t i do this before?” . He then passed the experience to his other friends and they also became “chamathu and nalla pasanga”. The chamathu pasanga then went for a saraku party to celebrate :p (idhu konjam build up)
Not to mention, from that time on, any occasion, sometimes no occasion/reason, the gift was “saree”. After getting first salary, while working at banglore, the boy in fact took mom to mysore for a fun trip and got her a mysore silk saree < how thoughtful 😉 >
- It might be cliche, but do something for parents. Putting ice to parents is part of the child’s policy 🙂
- Mom needs more ice than dad. At least it should appear so.
- No matter how full the closet is, women/girls still love clothes.
- Infinite clothes will break down to choice between the TWO and will result in more confusion in choosing between the “TWO”.
- Any number of girls put together will still be confused to choose between the “TWO”
- Combination of “Chamathu and Nalla paiyan” might be easy to get, hard to keep.
- Now that mothers day is over, go fight with your mom <suttufied/lifted line>
MORE TAKE AWAYS
- If you wanna gift your mom, now you know what to do.
- It is not about the saree or the cost, it is about the feeling that you give your mom, you care for her and she means a lot to you.
- Extra points if it helps her to brag about it, in her “mommy network”
- Mom only person with whom u can be unreasonable and get away with, every time.
- Mom, if you are reading this, even though mother’s day is over still Love you.
non STATUTORY WARNING
- Any resemblance of the boy to the author is purposefully coincidental