BANKING ROBOT IN “THE ASIAN AGE”
Hello, I am Robin, how can I assist you? ~ Our banking Robot with PolarisFT covered in asianagehttp://www.asianage.com/business/hello-i-am-robin-how-can-i-assist-you-868
Featured in “The Telegraph”, Calcutta.Spoke on “Innovation in Robotics” at India Infocom event. http://www.telegraphindia.com/1131207/jsp/calcutta/story_17652105.jsp#.UqLhBfQW1mc — in Calcutta.
Our Robot with Polaris Financial Technology Ltd, Arun Jain covered in Business Line http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/industry-and-economy/info-tech/with-new-design-centre-for-banks-polaris-to-speed-up-apps-development/article4876809.ece
Glad to be part of [Techie Tuesdays] Roundup @ Your Story . Humbling to be noted with ” Story of how a CS grad took to robotics against all odds to become one of the most recognized names in the field in India.”
Covered in Indian Express http://newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/Nationwide-Robotics-competition-launched-in-city/2013/06/29/article1657733.ece#
Always get animated explaining robots to kids. Love the same excitement from kids.
THE HINDU ~ BANKING ROBOT
Our robot along with Arun Jain, Polaris FT. imakerobots.com Covered in Hinduhttp://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-business/polaris-financial-eyes-smart-branch-space/article4878991.ece
Not often, you randomly go to a page <rediff.com> and find your story featured. http://www.rediff.com/getahead/slide-show/slide-show-1-career-balaji-lakshmanan-quit-his-job-to-build-robots/20130617.htm
<PS: Don’t get distracted by Sunny Leone next to my pic>
HINDU BUSINESS LINE
Covered by Hindu Business Line ” Robots wired by young minds” on feb 22, 2013. Well written article.http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/features/weekend-life/robots-wired-by-young-minds/article4435655.ece
THE HINDU ~ COIMBATORE
Talk @ TEDxGCT “Let there be Robots”. Featured in The Hindu, Coimbatore edition. Feb19, 2013.http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Coimbatore/five-people-five-stories/article4428131.ece?textsize=large&test=1
Got featured in BUSINESS TODAY magazine, Jan20 2013 edition, in TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION section
PS: my age is 30! <Hate to admit that>
#Mugamoodi Humanoid Robot ~ From Lab to the big screen ~ Got covered in “The Hindu” Metro Plus , September 14, 2012 http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article3893167.ece
March 14, 2012, Deccan Chronical, Chennai
GOD and I @ New Indian Express 19/1/2012, http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/article333468.ece
My Article in Enterprise Magazine Technology Section, April 2011
Mall – E : Virtual reality for online shopping
MATHRUBHUMI ~ MALAYALAM
Chief guest @ GHATECH, Tech Symposium, Palakkad, Kerala
TIMES OF INDIA
Got quoted in TOI 13 nov 2010. F4 is awesome, high on EQ and AQ. Robotics indeed has given me Identity
Geeks, the cool. Got quoted in Deccan Chronicle Newspaper on April 8th, 2010
Got quoted in Chennai twestival article in The Hindu – pg 2 , 26/3/10 with twitter handle @balajil
Was covered by Chennai Chronicle, Deccan Chronicle Newspaper on March 5th, 2010
Dare Magazine, January 2010. Srijan IWSB B-Plan Competation. Our team Amrita had been covered. Sweet surprise to see the snap. We are getting mentored by the panel.
- No clue of e-word to Robotics startup. Thats me. Got quoted in hindu education plus
- Back in undergrad college most of us were left with two options. Post Graduation or Work. Entrepreneurship was GRE word.
- There was no exposure to e-word, very few that we knew who started up, no initiatives from college. We thought grey haired or (almost) zero haired people can only start companies and requires huge investments.
- Glad that things have changed.
- Many or i should say most students are thinking of entrepreneurship.
- There is great exposure to startups, many unconferences conducted, startup culture encouraged in colleges through e-cells.
- A significant ground work has been done by National Entrepreneurship Network (NeN), a non-profit organisation founded by the Wadhwani Foundation, to nurture the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- I remember members of NEN, relentlessly going around colleges to educate them to start e-cells. They also followed up in startup meets like open coffee club, proto etc.
- The market and Web has also matured.
- Any country to consistently progress needs Entrepreneurs everywhere.
- Hindu Education Plus does have a good reach. Been getting calls to support in Robotics, invitation to collaborate even from outside Tamil Nadu.
- I have no idea how i got smitten by startup bug. Am glad i started up Geeky Technology & Consulting and making telepresence robot for a client.
- Dont just work for someone for the whole life. Startup atleast once in your only life.
- Got quoted in Hindu Business Line when they covered Open Coffee Club Chennai. See here
- Some free marketing for Balaji Laksmanan(That’s Me) and my StartUp Geeky Technology & Consulting along withOCC Chennai.
- Just like i have shared in Business Line “With members sharing real-time solutions for several practical problems in business, most of my queries get clarified and the people here are my inspiration” , its a good forum to observe and learn from people with entrepreneurship vibe.
- I still remember attending the first ever OCC Chennai two years back. I reached outside the venue and was wondering if i should go in. I was just an enthu student from IIT Madras who had little idea why i was there. I decided to walk in and am thankful for it.
- OCC often has a mix of folks who are experienced entrepreneurs, Investors, those who have just started up, wanna be entrepreneurs, students and folks with little idea why they are there.
- Gives a good opportunity to observe, network and learn from the group.
- How has OCC helped me
- Many friends with whom i brainstorm, share, collaborate.
- Better understanding of the business and corporate world and know hows of starting up.
- Additional reason to be selected to attend entrepreneurship summit @ Stanford and partial sponsor for my travel to attend the summit. Check here for my sponsors and here for what i learnt from summit.
- Most importantly, help me to transform from wanna be entrepreneur to someone who had Started UP.
- And during OCC Chennai meet up for June 2009, i was co host and was happy to contribute more. Had fun interacting with wanna be entrepreneurs/students, who reminded of me when i first attended OCC
- Feel free to buzz me if you wanna chit chat about your current/future StartUp.