- Visit imakerobots.com
BANKING ROBOT (In collaboration with PolarisFT)
TabBot ~ Telepresence robot using Android Tab / iPAD
Intelligent Telepresence Robot ~ imakerobots
Humanoid Robot ~ 6 Feet ~ Mugamoodi (Tamil) / Mask(Telugu)
Robo Fingers ~ Affordable, light weight Robotic Prosthetics
Robo Ganesha, Ganesh Chaturthi story 😉
- LINE UP OF ROBOTS
- Robotics @ RISE Lab, CSE, IIT Madras.
BEAM Robots, Picker Robot, MoBo ( Mobile Robot ) design & Control, Robot control, communication & synchronization ( Robo Dance ), Robotic Wheelchair, Transfer Learning across heterogeneous robots ( robots with different action models ) simulation in Player/Stage, Simulation in Gazebo.
- MoBo – Mobile RoBo
- Developed from scratch
- Onborad computer and Control Through Parallel Port
- Control from server though Bluetooth
- 60 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm
- 360* rotation in a given spot with low footprint
- Load of ~15 KG
- Speed 5 – 10 m per minute depending on load, input power etc
- 2 to 4 % error on straight line movement.
- 180* sweeping Ultrasound sensor ( range 3 meters )
- MoBo – Design & Control
- Robot control, communication & synchronization ( Robo Dance )
- Robotic Wheelchair
- Transfer learning across heterogeneous Robots ( Robots with different action models )
- LOL aswell as happy on being nick named RoboBalaji in my undergrad “Velammal Engineering College”, Madras University, 2000-2004.
- HuBo ( Humanoid RoBo )
- Team of eight members. Duration (March 2003 – March 2004).
- Cost of Appx Rs 40,000. ($ 1000) . Rs 20,000 sponsored by Undergrad School, Velammal Engineering College.
- Design and development of Humanoid (6 feet)- a human simulation built with geared DC motors for movement of head, shoulder, hands, hip, leg (7 motors in all).
- The Humanoid can be automated for performing specific movements and can be controlled using the keyboard. The humanoid robot can also be automated and controlled through internet.
- The humanoid robot can imitate the movement of human arm with accuracy. IR based sensor unit built to track the movement of human hand on a sensor platform.
- The direction and magnitude from the sensor unit are decoded and the appropriate signals are sent to the corresponding motor of the Robot. The movement performed by the human can also be stored for future operation.
- The Humanoid robot can be controlled using WAP enabled mobile phone over the internet through a web server.
- SECOND PRIZE (Rs 30,000) for project presentation at Techkriti – National Level Technical Event IIT- Kanpur, February 2004.
- This was not just a robotic project. It was absolute roller coaster experience. From getting funding fromV(E)C, bootstapping ( read as burning ) cash, going around administration, fighting with the management, paining the team mates + consultants, nightouts, midnight food, early morning bonda+ coffee, loss of personal life, weight loss, saluting night patrol police, working from metal cutting, bending, welding, electrical, electronics, programming, perseverance, teamwork, patience, emotions, intelligence, hardwork, excitement, timing, passion, thinking out of the box, 100+ bills,40,000+ investments,failures, bursting tears,support of friends, foolishness that the project is possible 🙂 and finally the prize @ IIT Kanpur+30,000 cash. It is definitely a life time experience. Forall those who were involved, Thanx a million. Special Thanx to team mates Karthick , Skanda, Syed, Vinod, Arul, Krishna Chaitanya, Avinash. I could possibly write a book on the entire roller coaster experience
- Dr.B.Ravindran , Assistant Professor, CSE, IIT Madras. ( My Advisor / Guide ) (Read as Friend, Philosopher, Guide)
- Student interns @ RISE Lab from NITs [Left to Right: Avinash, Pradyot, Me, Varun Lee, Imran, Shiva ]
- Mansimar Aneja (Player/Stage, Gazebo)
- Anirudh MTech, CSE, IIT Madras
- Open House, Shaastra 2008
Lazy about uploading more ……….