- Thrilled making robot for #Mugamoodi.
- Robot comes in limited scenes. No robotic overdose.
- Limited features of d robot used in d movie to be in sync with screenplay.
- Thanx n Kudos to #Mysskin for choosing to use an actual robot rather than a robotic costume.
Catch glimpse of my work in these latest making of Mugamoodi pics http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/2/1360736.html
Me tight lipped now..
Watch out in theaters #August 31, 2011
- What are you buying your kids/ nephew/ niece this summer?
- Make your first interactive robot
- FLIP robot kit, Cost Rs 500, free shipping
- Pass the word
- – Co-ordinating in organizing Robotics workshop in college
- – Co-ordinate student activities related to robotics/ embedded systems in college
- – Promotion of imakerbots.com in college and facebook/twitter/blog
- – Marketing support for imakerobots.com with nearby colleges and schools
- – Discounted / Free registration for the robotics workshop conducted in your college
- – Special Robotics workshop for the student partners for the high performance student partners
- – Special consultation for the mini projects/ final year project for the student partner groups
- – Certificates for the student partner, recognizing the work which will provide a distinct value addition in the resume
- – 5 students
- – Encourage student group consisting of students from atleast two different departments
- (eg 3 students from CSE, 2 students from EEE or 2 from CSE, 2 from EEE, 1 from ECE)
- Download poster from here (right click and download)
- Print and put poster on the college noticeboard
- Take a picture and post it on the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/geekyinc
- – Refer friend from another college for student partner group
- – Coordinate in conducting a robotics workshop your college.
- – Mail your contact details of the group with subject “imakerobots student partner” and “<your college name>” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mention ( Name, Email, College, Branch, Batch (year of study), mobile number)
- You can also mention how you can help promote imakerobots.com
- Been wanting to take this forward for long .. Need to start somewhere!
What is this?
- Spend time over telephonic call to discuss/ mentor students weekly. I give suggestions and not advice. Will not follow up or beat you up if you din’t follow.
- Every Tuesday 10 pm to 11 pm starting 22 march 2011
- NO CONSULTATION COST
- Robotics, Entrepreneurship, career, stress counselling
- Choose a topic if you think i can help. my profile is here https://balajitechnology.wordpress.com/profile/
- I would like to keep bull shit off the topic. I have friends to discuss in detail about :p
Why am i doing this?
1) Saving myself
- I often get emails asking ” I want to work in Robotics. Please Help” .. “I want to StartUp, help” “I want to be successful, i don’t know what to do ..help” .. I find these toughest questions to answer … “If you need help, you can’t be vague!” … However, sometimes makes me feel little guilty for not responding .. but its hard to reply to such mails and follow up and hence i am compelled to disobey myself!
- Some students know partially what they want and mail with abstract. This is a good thing. I have some questions for them, besides the answers … this again becomes a thread, which is hard to follow up, given the pile of other mails. Taking a telephone call makes everything easy.
- I get calls when i cannot take it or cannot take time to listen and answer. Blame me!
2) I was novice, clueless and talking to people helped. It still helps 🙂 Want to return the favor.
4) I feel it is a nice thing to do and like to do it.
- Send mail to contact[at]imakerobots.com Mention your details Name, About You (college, branch, year etc), contact number, Topic.
- Try to be less vague. But i empathetically understand, people don’t know what they want until they find the thing they actually want. Its OK to say .. “i want to do a project in robotics, wireless computer controlled Robot, dunno how to start and hence shooting mail. “
- I will save your number and intimate when to call between 10pm and 11 pm. We should ideally keep the call 5 to 10 minutes.
- Will try to keep it regularly Every Tuesday 10 pm to 11 pm
- SPECIAL encouragement slots for non city and poor students
- Some students are poor enough not to have prepaid money in mobile to call or have to use friend’s mobile ( yes they do! I have called them back during conversations when the balance went zap) .. Mention if you fall into the category and want me to call. (I assume people have some basic ethics)
- Will try to cover all those who want to talk over multiple weeks.
- I may not take the calls of students who have not mailed before. Random calls are not encouraged.
- Will try to post in blog regarding some of the topics discussed.
- Hope the initiative is useful to students.
- I hope and assume i will not get into any trouble for taking the initiative.
- Any suggestions welcome
- Enjoyed speaking @ TEDxVelammal on what i learnt from robots 🙂
- Had shown a cockroach like robot and a real cockroach in other hand and compared them 😀
- The organizers had given an awesome memento just after we finished the talk. Neat work 🙂
- Mashing up my story with robots and life lessons working with them
- spoke from heart whatever i planned ..
- When students give a big smile, get autograph, have to believe they enjoyed the talk 🙂
- Other speakers were overwhelmingly good http://tedxvelammal.com/speakers.html and kind enough to appreciate mine. Took a lot of motivation from them.
- TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.
- TEDx is of the same spirit as www.TED.com organised locally.
- Speaking at TEDxVelammal http://tedxvelammal.com/speakers.html
- Sharing “what i made Robots learn and what i learnt from Robots”
- Robotics has truly transformed me 🙂 and i will be sharing my story with Robots.
- Date : Feb 6th, 2011, Sunday
- Event is from 9 am to 5 pm
- Buses will be provided from the city if you want to attend
- You can register @ http://tedxvelammal.com/
- The talks should be available live at http://www.hooghli.com/live/
- Date: Sunday Jan 30, 2011
- Time: 9 am to 5 pm
- Venue @ Chennai: Velammal School, Mogappair, Near Anna Nagar
- Bus Stop : Golden Flats, Mogappair
- Student Background : College: ANy department, Any year
- Aspiring school students Class XI and XII
- Don’t have to be a student, ANy1 who wants to get introduced to robotics are welcome
- Limited registration
Lunch and Coffee will be served.
The students will get complete hands on to
- Make a mobile differential drive robot from scratch and learn basics of robot making
- Use electronic components to drive the robot
- Connect the robot to the computer and control the robot from computer
- Program the robot to do different functionalities autonomously
- Students can work using the kit after the workshop and use the components for other projects
- The workshop is to the point and hands on.
- Check https://balajitechnology.wordpress.com/robotics_workshop/ for more information on the workshop
- To participate in the workshop, please register in the form here https://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGsxSUhwbnNjaUlSYlF0UFJJM0hCMkE6MQ
- Please call and confirm your participation Balaji 9840836275
- Limited spot registration.
- Conducted Robotics Demo workshop @ Tirupathi
- Good crowd and fantastic response from the students 🙂
- Showcased live demo of Robots
- Took them through a technical tour of Robotics
- More snaps are here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=323503&id=626950259&l=52e698cfe6
- when students line up to get autograph, ought to believe that i gave a good robotics workshop demo.
- shamelessly signed chuckling 🙂
- Check out Robotics workshop related details https://balajitechnology.wordpress.com/robotics_workshop/